Saturday, April 9, 2011

Update on my life... as of right now.

Hurray I sold my car today and got all caught up on my Spanish school work!  Yea for finally having a Saturday off!  Adios little red honda, you will be missed dearly!  :(  





Acupuncture is something I first had done about a month ago, and I am addicted!  I went in completely freaked out, because I hate needles!  HATE THEM!  When a doctor tells me I need a shot I cry.... instant tears.  But I have had over 12 piercings... weird I know.
I totally had anxiety on the way down to Holistic Healing Center in Seattle (not the name of the place).  My cousin and I did it.  
Three days a week a clinic in Seattle does Community Acupuncture on a sliding scale, so if you do not make much you could pay as low as $15 or up to $35, that is a deal!  Normally it is over $100.  The only downside is they treat multiple people in one room, which is fine with me.  It is a comfortable setting, and that is really all you need.  5 pricks in the ear and I felt like I was floating/drunk.... hmmm.... actually I would say more like I was tipsy.  I always say the weirdest things when I am in the drunk phase!  It makes a good laugh...
I went in looking for a cure to my sleeping problems, energy levels, and depression.  So far I do not need my sleeping pills to fall asleep, and my energy levels have increased BIG TIME.  We are still working on my depression.
Also, I have a benign tumor on one of my ovaries and I just did research and acupuncture might be able to break it up and shrink it!  How cool is that?  Adios tumor...
Sometimes, actually most of the time, when the needles are placed in the correct spot you get this weird sensation, like biting on foil... kind of a shock... but dull... I guess that is when the needle is hitting your chi, pretty interesting feeling.  At the most I have had 26 needles, and I am still working my way up.
My brother went for the first time with his girlfriend, and he just had knee surgery and want to gain his mobility back faster................. and acupuncture can help, the acupuncturist put needles in his elbows... weird right?  And my little brother has tremors and he said that he can help with that as well.... with needles in his neck... yikes, that sounds intense.
After every visit I sleep super good the next day and usually have the craziest most visual and believing dreams ever!  My cousin does too, her dream was too weird not to share.   I will just tell you the main characters... T-Rex, and Heath Ledger as a janitor.... in a warehouse that was like an apartment complex... let's just say she woke up and had to calm herself down... I could not stop laughing...
Here is a picture of the community acupuncture room... pretty chill...


Hurray for being crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment