Saturday, April 9, 2011

Enough is enough...

I have decided to kick things up in a big way... Yesterday I started P90X, I know it is not zumba and it is not a very fun program, but I needed to add something.  I am still going to go to zumba as  much as possible, in fact I am going to the YMCA tomorrow morning for their 9:30 am class, which will be lots of fun because that instructor does some burlesque songs.  Yippie,  I get to make a fool of myself trying to dance sexy-ish, in a very awkward way!
Plus I did a few zumba dances from youtube.com this evening on top of P90X...
So day 1 was yesterday of P90X.  Besides the point that the lead guy is super annoying and I can barely do one perfect push up, it went pretty well...  They are long routines though.  It gives you lots of breaks, which is nice.  I have to admit that I took some extra breaks.  It was the Chest and Arms Dvd.  And then the Ab Ripper X.  I think that is what it is called.  Holy cow, I could hardly do any of the ab stuff.... That was tough, but I stuck it out and finished.  I would say I did about 75% of everything, if you count doing push ups on your knees!
Day 2 was harder for sure, it was plyometrics.  A lot of jumping, lunges, and squats.  I stuck with the ENTIRE thing, but did only about 75%.  I modified what I needed to, like the move where you jump up and bring your knees up to your waist line, could not do that for the life of me.... so I just pretended like I was jumping rope.  Then jumping into lunges was tough for me too, I had no balance skills today.  So I just stretched it out in the lunges changing quickly from right to left leg.  You will never know how relieved I was when I was done.  That was over 50 minutes of craziness. I got through the first half and was saying to myself, "Is this ever going to be over..."  and  "I can't do all this..."  But I did and I could not be happier.
I am not following the nutritional stuff, I eat healthy already.  I just need to watch the amount of food I eat and I should be good.
Zumba at the Dojo 3 in Renton on Monday!  I could not be more excited, I think Monday is going to be the 1.5 hours of yoga.... I love yoga, but 1.5 hours with the crazy instructor guy on the dvd should be interesting.
Tomorrow is shoulders and arms along with a morning Zumba class... I can do this... I can do this... I can do this...

No comments:

Post a Comment