Friday, February 25, 2011

You had me at belly scarves

I don't know if Mackenzie is the one to blame or thank, how about both?  Mackenzie invited my cousin Rebecca and I to our very first Zumba class all the way down in Federal Way.  I had no idea what the heck Zumba was....neither did Rebecca.  So we did not know what to expect....
We got to the Federal Way Community Center and went to our very first Zumba class....

'What the hell is this?'  I thought to myself, looking around at all the crazies!  (I mean that in a good way!)
Ballet slippers, belly dancing scarves, bright colored cloths, 30-40 women crammed into a room yelling and getting all excited...

Finally it started, oh no.  I was lost times 10.  Looking around at everyone else who were "getting it".  Cumbia, Bollywood, hip hop... oh my.... I can hardly dance and hold a drink, let alone dance to Latin music like I was in a video.

Mackenzie, Rebecca and I kept looking at each other and cracking up.  Yes, we were hot and sweaty, but we were also smiling and laughing.  I could not do even half of the steps and was just moving around, but still had so much fun.

The instructor was very nice, she was a sub.  She introduced herself to us in the beginning, I guess we looked like newbies.  She asked us how the class went when we were done.  Before she walked away she said that every class was different.

Needless to say, I went on a rampage to find a damn belly scarf.  It took a few days, because you know that you have seen them, but the moment you need one, they are no where to be found.  But me being a "go-getter" had to have it, and yes I found a place that sells them on Broadway for $20.... I know that is a lot, but we needed it... ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment